Attorneys, paralegals, CPAs, business owners and others who manage Delaware franchise tax payments for corporations, please take note that the Delaware Division of Corporations has increased the following corporate franchise tax rates in accordance with the 2017 passage of Delaware House Bill 175:
- Delinquency fees from $125 to $200 (01/01/18)
- Tax multiplier from $75 to $85 related to the authorized shares calculation (01/01/18)
- Tax multiplier from $350 to $400 related to the assumed par calculation (01/01/18)
- Minimum tax related to the assumed par calculation from $350 to $400 (01/01/18)
- Excepted as below, maximum tax from $180,000 to $200,000 (effective tax year beginning 01/01/17)
- Creation of a new $250,000 maximum for certain publicly traded corporations (effective tax year beginning 01/01/17)
For questions about these changes, please feel free to contact a CLAS Service Representative at 800.952.5696 or email@example.com. If you or one of your clients is having a hard time keeping up on compliance requirements, be sure to ask about our comprehensive Annual Report Management program!